Final year students celebrating after their last paperThe University campus went agog recently, when final year students could hardly contain their excitement, as they expressed joy for successfully completing their last examinations in the University. While attributing their accomplishments to the grace and mercy of God, the students, however, shared their dreams and aspiration for the future.

According to Elizabeth Ekenechi of the Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, College of Agricultural Management and Rural Development (COLAMRUD), “I am extremely happy because today is our signing-out day, that is, it is the day before our last paper and we are here to sign-out before the last paper. I must tell you, it has not been easy but God has been so great and God willing, I am hopeful that I will graduate with a 2.1”. Sharing her dreams for the future, Elizabeth, who confirmed that she was aware that the labour market was highly saturated, said that she was not perturbed by the current situation, adding that, “I am determined to make my mark felt in this country and after working for a few years, then, I can come back for my postgraduate programme”.

Final year students celebrating after their last paper

Another final year student, Opeyemi Ojediran of the Department of Animal Production and Health, College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (COLANIM), lauded the University for the knowledge and skills instilled in him saying, “FUNAAB has been a learning place for me and I can confidently beat my chest that am a product of this University. It is my dream to go into farming as an independent entrepreneur, but before then and immediately after my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme, I would like to go for my Master’s degree abroad for more exposure in my field of study.

Oluwaseun Akinyemi of the Department of Entrepreneurial Studies, College of Management Sciences (COLMAS), described her stay in FUNAAB as being filled with both good and bad moments, saying “I am happy to be through with my final paper in FUNAAB and it has been a good experience. We have had happy and sad moments just like the strike period, which led to our extended stay on campus. Personally, I am not going to be seeking employment, but I will be starting my own business because that is what I was taught to do at FUNAAB”.

Sharing his experience in the University, Boluwatife Kudemepo from the Department of Physics, College of Physical Sciences (COLPHYS), said “it has been wonderful all the way. FUNAAB as a University, has been of major influence to my life; morally and academically and am proud to say, I am a graduate of this great University. Although, the recent closure of the University had set us back a little, but I am happy that we have all gotten over it and today, I am done with my examination. I will like to thank God for his kindness and love throughout my four-year programme in this University. I will also like to thank my father for his support; financially and morally and I pray that the Lord, who has led me thus far, will see me through my postgraduate years”.

For Oluchi Chigere of the Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management (COLAMRUD), completing her examination was a dream come true and worth celebrating. The excited, final year student disclosed that she had spent six years in the University because she gained admission through the University’s pre-degree programme. According to her, her strength lies in problem-solving abilities and she was equipped with other vocational skills, which she was sure would make her excel in the labour market.

Oluwole Aderibigbe from the Department of Animal Nutrition (COLANIM), had described his stay as ‘memorable’, saying that “now, I am free to face life and enjoy it to the fullest as FUNAAB does not take from you, but it gives you a lot more” while another student from the Department of Entrepreneurial Studies (COLMAS), Oyindamola Adeyinka, said “my stay in the University has been memorable and being a member of the second graduating set of the Department, it is a thing of joy for me”, adding that she planned to go into the fashion business by putting what she was taught into practice.

Comments

comments