Mr. Mathew AyoolaDr. Linda Onwuka, Deputy Registrar I with the Distance Learning Programme of the University, has been appointed as Acting Registrar for the University. The University Governing Council, at its 94th Meeting, approved her appointment as Acting Registrar with effect from June 1, 2017. At the handing over ceremony, the Acting Vice-Chancellor, Professor Ololade Enikuomehin, on behalf of the University Management, congratulated the immediate past Registrar of the University, Mr. Mathew Ayoola, for the services he rendered to the University.

Responding, Mr. Ayoola appreciated the University for giving him the opportunity to serve from June 1, 2012 to May 31, 2017, adding that whatever that has a beginning would have an end. According to him, “Today, here I come, giving glory and thanks to God Almighty for working with me thus far. It is possible for some people to start a race, for one reason or the other, by accident or by design, they may not be able to complete the race, but in this case, I am fit and firm, I am able to come this far”. Mr. Ayoola, therefore, congratulated the Acting Registrar, saying “you have been there before and whatever is here cannot be new to you”.

Dr. Linda Onwuka2While receiving the reins of power, as the Acting Chief Administrative Officer of the University, Dr. Onwuka stated that a lot might have changed administratively, noting that it would not be entirely different from what she already knew.

The Acting Registrar obtained her Bachelor of Arts Degree and Ph.D from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan and Master of Arts Degree from the University of Calabar, Calabar as well as her Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE). She won the Distinguished Alumnus Award of the University of Ibadan Alumni Association, Warri Chapter, in 2011. She is a member of several professional bodies, which include the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM), as well as the Association of the Nigerian University Professional Administrators (ANUPA).

Dr. Onwuka is also a member of numerous academic bodies such as the National Association of Teachers and Researchers in English as Second Language (NATRESL); National Oral Literature Association (NOLA) and the English Language Teachers Association of Nigeria (ELTAN). She has served the University in several capacities such as Secretary, Postgraduate School; College Officer of the former College of Natural Sciences (Now College of Biological Sciences and College of Physical Sciences), as well as Acting Registrar, when the substantive Registrar was on annual leave in April, 2007. Prior to her appointment as Deputy Registrar I in the University, Dr. Onwuka was the Pioneer Registrar of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State.

Comments

comments