Prof. Babatunde Idowu Dean, Students’ Affairs

Prof. Babatunde Idowu
Dean, Students’ Affairs

The attention of the Student Affairs Division has been drawn to the unhealthy and over-crowded nature of the rooms in the University’s Halls of Residence, mainly because of the activities of illegal occupants.

The Division wishes to inform all students, both legal and illegal occupants that head counts would be done periodically, and anyone caught harbouring squatters would be charged in line with the University Extant Rules and Regulations.

Consequent on the above, students residing in the Halls of Residence illegally are hereby advised to move out with immediate effect.

In a related development, the Student Affairs Division has also noted that its attention has been drawn to the unwholesome news circulation among FUNAAB students that the University’s Health Centre is out of stock with drugs, which has necessitated some of the students to resolve to self-medication in their hostels.

The Division would like to inform the students’ populace that the delay in stocking the Health Centre has been resolved by the Vice-Chancellor and it is regretted.

The Division was also informed that students who engage in self-medication have not registered with the Health Centre, thereby, making access to medical attention difficult.

The Dean, Student Affairs Division, Professor Babatunde Idowu in a release assured the students that the University Management under the leadership of Professor Kolawole Salako is committed to ensuring that the best of healthcare services are available to the students.

The Dean further stated that the University’s Health Centre is now stocked with routine drugs and sundry items for the use of the students and staff.

Therefore, students are hereby advised to visit the University Health Centre to complete their registration and seek medical attention rather than relying on self-medication.

While students residing off-campus, are advised to call the University ambulance on 08032979644 for emergency cases, and if need be, the Student Affairs Division should be contacted whenever students are referred for tertiary health attention for follow-up.